Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Overrated Logic


I have logic. Don't we all have one form or another? We are all still here spinning around on this earth, that has to say something. Survival of the fittest right? Mere scientific fact.
As I have been hanging out with a very logical individual, I have come to question my own way of coming to conclusions. I have never really questioned my thought process, but his seems a little more to the point and therefore, I sheepishly say, slightly more productive.
Last week I flushed a crayfish down the school toilet (former class pet). This resulted in having to call the school clerk to call the janitor, who ripped through my classroom with a plumbing snake right in the middle of science. Sidenote, have you ever talked about the toilet with eight year olds? I don't know why parents bother with toys, just stick them in the bathroom. Apparently they are entertainment to the nth degree; and so is your teacher explaining to the janitor, that she flushed a crayfish carcas and single handedly clogged the school toilet.
Back to logic. To me, I was thinking that this lobster like creature would smell if placed in the trash. Secondly, what damage could I cause on eight year minds who come to school to see their old class pet belly side up among tissues and half eaten pencils. Goodmorning! Thirdly, people flush fish all the time; the old, "Return to the sea," logic. It made sense to me, so "Swoosh!" he went. Or should have gone rather.
I was telling this story to my "logical" friend, and his very calm logical way asked, "Don't they have a hard shell and a pincers?" Well, sure, that is apparent to you, but to some, those synapses just didn't fire. As a result, I was once again a brunt of a joke that I inadvertently created.
I was a little frazzled, because I am on a constant mission to be "smarter", (whatever that really means) and this was not furthering my efforts. But after thinking about it for a little bit, I realized that I have a blast in life, and a lot of my enjoyment in life is because of the idiotic things I do as a result of the logic I have (or lack...green grass right?)
I have reasons for the things that I constantly do and the decisions I make. I find a comfort in that, for that is what makes me me and gives me my often times wacked out stories. Another perspective, is that in the "Story Olympics" I will lap a traditionally "logical" person. My logic has taught me to laugh, understand others and walk around giggling to myself. You can have your "smart" logic. I'll keep mine, and when I think I need yours, I'll find some logical way of getting it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home