Thursday, March 18, 2010

Furry Royalty


"Pacemakers of the desceased will now be readily available to dogs in need." The newscaster managed to keep a straight face while reading this new medical breakthrough off the tele-prompter. I had a little giggle at the thought of a dog with a pacemaker, and proceeded to finish getting dressed. Then I heard, "The surgery to implant the pacemaker is estimated to be $4,000." I poked my head out, only to see once again, a straight face.
Seriously. I think that it is great to recycle needed medical equipment, and if someone really want to donate to a dog, (which I realize is really the happiness of the pet owner) then so be it. However, I cannot justify $4,000 to make that happen. Where have we gone that we as a population can pour thousands of dollars into an animal, where people are starving on the streets right in our own neighborhood? To each his own, but this new discovery is sheer ridiculous-ness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home